Business Office/ Accounts Payable
email@example.com | Phone: 856-224-4900 ext:2122
Secretary to the Business Administrator/Transportation
firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: 856-224-4900 ext:2120
Business Office/ Payroll/Benefits Clerk
email@example.com | Phone: 856-224-4900 ext:2123
2019/20 TRANSPORTATION GUIDELINES
The Greenwich Township Board of Education and Transportation Department strives to provide safe and efficient transportation to all district transported students. Due to insurance and liability issues, the following guidelines will be in place for the 2019/20 school year for Pre-K – 8th grade students.
- Walkers are not permitted to utilize bus transportation to and from school, unless on an approved Board of Education activity. Walkers are not permitted to ride the bus to/from another student’s house. If you are unsure as to whether your address is in a walking or bussing area, please contact the Transportation Department for clarification at 224-4900 x 2120.
- The district will not provide transportation to/from Building Blocks, Repauno Day Care, Watch Me Grow, or any other outside day care facility.
- If your child (bus student only) will be attending SACC and not be utilizing bus transportation to/from the Broad Street School, a letter must be submitted to the Transportation Department at the address above prior to August 1, 2019 (a new letter must be submitted each school year). If you wish to fax your letter, please fax to 423-1210, Attention/Transportation. You can also email your letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have a child (bus student only) attending Nehaunsey Middle School that needs transportation to/from SACC (bus stop is at Broad & Hudson Streets), please submit a letter to the Transportation Department prior to August 1, 2019 (a new letter must be submitted each school year). Please use same fax or email address as in #3 above.
- If you are a working parent, and your child/children will be at a sitter’s house or SACC, you must designate which location will be your child’s bus stop. The district will not make multiple pickups/stops from one house to another. You must determine where your child/children will be boarding the bus. Example: If you designate that your child/children are to be picked up at home in the morning and dropped off at a sitter’s house or SACC in the afternoon, they would be picked up Monday-Friday as per that schedule. Requests to have them picked up on alternate days between two locations will not be honored. This schedule would be in effect until the last school day in June. Any deviation from this schedule would be the parent’s responsibility for transportation. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- If your sitter lives in a walking area, than your child/children will become walkers from that location.
Due to buses potentially being filled to capacity, students will not be permitted to switch buses for the purpose of socializing at a friend’s house after school. Any deviation from your child’s bus schedule must be approved by the Transportation Department. Bus drivers are not authorized to make changes. If you have any questions regarding these guidelines, please contact the Transportation Department at 224-4900 x 2120, or send an email to email@example.com.
Approved by the Board of Education on April 8, 2019.
TRANSPORTING BULK ITEMS TO/FROM SCHOOL ON BUS
As per the National School Transportation Specifications and Procedures, please be advised that for the safety of our students, bus drivers and aides, the Greenwich Township Board of Education will not allow students to transport hazardous materials, nuisance items (such as large school projects), or animals on district buses.
Items cannot be placed in the stair well, the aisle, or in front of the emergency door exit.
The pupil is permitted to carry only objects that can be held in his/her lap. If you have any questions, please contact the business office.
The Transportation Department receives requests for information regarding the transportation of their child (ren). The Transportation Department has compiled the most frequently asked questions.
- What should I do if my child does not get off of the bus?
Answer: Contact your child’s school immediately.
- Can my child ride a different bus?
Answer: No. Your child is assigned one bus, one seat, and one bus stop for the school year. If an emergency arises, please contact the Transportation Department at 224-4920 x 2120.
- Can my child get on or off at another bus stop?
Answer: No. Your child was assigned a designated bus stop as per their bus pass. If an emergency arises, please contact the Transportation Department at 224-4920 x 2120.
- Can my child change his/her seat on the bus?
No. The bus driver assigns the seats. If a problem arises requiring a seating change, please contact your child’s school office.
- Why does my child have to be at the bus stop ten (10) minutes before the designated time as indicated on the bus pass?
Answer: With each new school year, there are changes made in transportation such as new drivers, routes, bus stops, students, etc. Everyone is trying to get acclimated to the changes. It is indicated on the student’s bus pass that they be at their designated bus stop ten (10) minutes before their estimated pickup time. Due to a variety of reasons, the bus could be early or late. An approximate time usually develops within a few weeks of school.
- Does my child need a bus pass to get on the bus?
Answer: No. The bus pass is for informational purposes only. If your child does not receive a bus pass, contact the Transportation Department at 224-4920 x 2120.
- I will be picking my child up after school instead of taking the bus home. Do I have to notify the school?
Answer: Yes. Please send in a note to your child’s school office so that the Transportation Department can inform the bus driver.
If you have any additional questions, please contact the Transportation Department at 224-4920 x 2120 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org